Garage Door Spring Repair | Based in Hampstead NC
Same Day Service | Get a FREE Quote Today!
Army Of Davids Garage Doors
Broken Garage Door Spring Repair Nearby
Garage door springs are crucial for the functionality of your garage door system. Springs work in a counterbalance system to distribute the heavy weight of the garage door. While the garage door opener conducts movement, the springs are the parts that allow movement to happen. There are two types of springs we install: torsion and extension. Torsion springs are more commonly used, as they’re safer and more durable. Torsion springs sit in a metal shaft above the garage door and use torque, or a rotational force, to operate the door. Extension springs usually run along the sides of the garage door and stretch to extend.
Garage door springs generally last about 10-15,000 cycles, which roughly translates to 7-14 years. If you have damaged or broken garage door springs, it’s crucial that you stop using your garage door. Continued use will add extra stress to your parts and add safety concerns. Because springs carry so much tension in their coils, they are extremely dangerous to handle. Leave garage door spring repair to the Army of Davids Garage Door experts! We offer broken garage door spring repair in Hampstead NC, and the surrounding areas.
Signs You Need Spring Repair
- Your garage door won’t open.
- Your garage door opens part-way and then stops.
- Your garage door moves crookedly or at an angle.
- Your garage door is heavy when you try to open it manually.
- Your garage door slams shut.
- You notice loose or fallen garage door cables.
- You notice an elongated garage door spring.
- You hear strange, grinding noises.
- There’s a 3-4 inch gap between the spring coils.
SAME DAY SERVICE
What Our Clients Say!
"He arrived in time, professional, and completed the job in a timely manner. Our door works like new!"
We highly recommend Army of David’s Garage Doors! Michael promptly returned my call to repair our garage door that came off the pulley preventing it from closing and he replaced all the rollers. He arrived in time, professional, and completed the job in a timely manner. Our door works like new! We are very pleased and glad that we called for his services!
"Very Professional and Prompt."
Very proffesional and prompt. Customer service is evident throughout the entire installation process. Offers a quality product.
"Fixed our problem immediately."
Michael responded quickly to our request for service & came out next day. Fixed our problem immediately. Very friendly & courteous. Highly recommend this company!
Why do Garage Door Springs Break?
- Wear and Tear: As garage door springs are in constant use, they begin to experience wear and tear. Over time, they reach the end of their lifespan, where they may snap. When a spring breaks, it’s time for garage door repair.
- Poor Maintenance: It’s important that garage door springs be cleaned and lubricated at least once a year. This greatly increases their lifespan and allows for better functionality. If you do not maintain your springs, they will have a shorter lifespan.
- Rust: Rust build-up causes friction to plague the springs, which increases wear and tear. Too much rust may cause springs to snap prematurely. Technicians will take care of rust during a routine maintenance call.
- Unbalanced parts: Garage door parts need to be properly balanced, but parts may shift through use. When there’s unbalance, it may cause unnecessary strain to plague the springs. During a garage door tune-up, your technician will perform a balance test and ensure everything is evenly distributed.
Why You Shouldn’t Delay Garage Door Spring Repair
- Safety: Having a damaged or broken garage door spring lying around is not a good idea. What people don’t realize about broken springs is that they still have wound-up tension, even after they’ve snapped. When handled, they can suddenly snap or spring forward, resulting in severe injuries. If you have any issues with your garage door springs, call the well-trained technicians at Army of David’s! Don’t try handling it yourself.
- Damage: Damaged garage door springs can cause the door to slam shut. This poses the risk of damaging your car or another object in the garage. Continued use of damaged springs may also cause damage to other garage door parts.
- Cost: If you hesitate before scheduling spring repair, it will most likely cause other issues to appear. Broken or damaged springs will cause extra stress to plague the opener, which then may lead to garage door opener repair.
Call For Garage Door Spring Replacement Near You
If your garage door springs experience issues, don’t hesitate to give us a call! We’re the best team in Hampstead NC for garage door spring repair. Our thorough inspections give us a clear picture of the issue, which we’ll then work to resolve. Call us today or make an appointment online for a FREE quote! We look forward to serving you.
Yes, we will replace both springs. Even if only one spring is broken, both springs have the same lifespan and were most likely installed together.
Generally, torsion springs last 10-15,000 cycles, which may be about 7-14 years.
Carrying out routine maintenance is the best way to extend their lifespan. We recommend scheduling a garage door tune-up at least once a year, where your springs will be cleaned, lubricated, and tightened.